NEVER FORGET !

NEVER FORGET !

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thank A Soldier........

I found this in one of my emails and thought it was something I could support........so, here it is.....it is written by the Cause Director.........

God Bless you all......Nita

Thank A Soldier

I recently was contacted by a friend of mine who's little girl wanted to organize a "Letters to soldiers" campaign at her school. I had put her in contact with the wife of a soldier friend of mine and everything was good to go. Her daughter was excited about doing this and word was starting to get around about this campaign.

The "Parent Board" met and this is what they decided : " the parent board thinks if we support the troops that the school would be supporting the war and there is no war it is a peace keeping mission with conflict"

In the past three years I have setup schools from all over North America in doing such a thing and to hear that a school doesn't want to be associated with "Supporting the war" boils my blood. Whether we support what these men and women are doing over there or not, it's about brightening their day with a letter from home.

One story from my Tim Horton's for our troops campaign I received a Thank You letter from a soldier who had received a Tim Horton's certificate with a message and drawing on the back from a grade four student that simply said "I LOVE YOU STAY SAFE" he did not cash this certificate in for a coffee, he kept it with him on his entire tour and still has it to this day.

One of the schools I setup with a troop of soldiers when the soldiers returned, they went to visit the school kids and gave a presentation and slide show about what they are doing over there. These guys were in the reconstruction team and for the most part they gave out water to families who had never seen a clean glass of water. Gave out school supplies and drawing materials to children who had never held a crayon with a piece of paper.

Recently at work I sent about ten boxes of goods to a Front lines unit who hardly ever receive letters or packages from home. There were things like sealed brownies, magazines, socks and deodorant and my buddy told me for them it was like Christmas. These guys are away from the base for months at a time and to get items out to them it was really appreciated.

I'm not going to name the school, I am simply asking that if you read this blog and you agree with what I've written, Please leave a comment and I will be sending them all in a email to the Parent board and see if we can get this decision reversed.

Thank You

You can either leave a comment here on the cause page or comment on the blog
http://thankasoldier.wordpress.com/schoolsaysno/

Dave Murphy
Cause
Creator

No comments:

Post a Comment