NEVER FORGET !

NEVER FORGET !

Friday, October 16, 2009

Web Hosting.........

I've been in the position of deciding which domain, or webhosting website to use, for my blogs. It was all so new to me back two years ago, that a seasoned veteran, had to get me started and help me. I feel that I could have gotten a cheaper web hosting site, but at the time I was such a greenhorn, that the "words" involved with this subject scared the life right out of me. I was embarking on a new horizon, and had no idea what I was getting into. From that moment on it became a daily learning process, which is still ongoing. I can say, that blogging has become a daily ritual and I'm sure that I would be totally lost if my computer was to crash. The person, who tried to train me in this field, had that happen to her, and she was a mess for several days, running back and forth to the library. It's a good thing they have free use of computers inside local libraries. She was able to get past the problem and buy her another computer at a fairly low price.
I've noticed that you can get involved with what they call green web hosting networks. One of the green hosting websites, is powered, by air wind units while the other is powered by solar units. This is helping with the environmental issues of today, which is affecting the world's "eco" systems. Looking through all the different listings, I find many that have the qualities, that my server has, at a cheaper price. I'm investigating the possibility a change over and wonder how much effort it would take to do so? I'm sure I could be able to do this, if I make sure I read all the fine lines and small print.

No comments:

Post a Comment